The overall goal of the project was to support the process of modernization of public administration, through the development of administrative capacity of the Customs Administration for full implementation and use of IT solution for the process of inspection management.
Within the scope of the project, and prior to the implementation of the software solution, a comprehensive analysis of business processes and work of customs inspection bodies was performed, as well as the development of functional specifications in order to provide detailed information for the development and establishment of applicative solution of this information system.
The solution applied modern technologies based on SOA architecture, high scalability, and adaptability, as well as interoperability and interconnectivity with other IT systems. ISMS is designed to support virtualization (hosted in the VMWare vSphere infrastructure).
The ISMS system enabled functionalities for analytical work and reporting for the purposes of inspection management. The sources of data for this system are also data from the CDPS database, RMS as well as all other relevant public administration systems that have enabled electronic data exchange services.
The main functional modules are:
- Functional module for decision-making support in inspection surveillance
- Knowledge base as a discrete data model (laws, by-laws, irregularities, penal provisions, etc.),
- Checklists, Automatic proposal of inspection measures (decision-making mechanism): Identified shortcoming – Inspection measure – References to the regulation,
- Management of Inspection Cases
- Implementation of inspection surveillance
- Adoption of inspection measures and follow-up on subsequent administrative procedure
- Plan of controls
- Bigdata analysis – automatised methodology for calculation of the risk